Applying for PBE support
We receive far more applications for charity projects than we are able to support. We therefore undergo an application process a couple of times a year where we carefully select a small number of projects to continue to develop our knowledge base. Outside of this process, we consider project support requests on an ad hoc basis, depending on current project commitments. If you would like to apply, please read the following information carefully.
- Eligibility Criteria. To be eligible for a project, an organisation would normally:
- Be headquartered and deliver services to beneficiaries in the UK.
- Be a charity or social enterprise.
- Have a turnover of between £100k - £10 million. (For larger organisations we may ask for a contribution towards core costs).
- Have at least 2 months’ financial reserves (preferably 3 months).
- Focus Areas: Projects we work on typically fall within our 4 focus areas of education, employment, mental health and poverty. For further information, please see our focus areas page.
- Project Types: Typically, our work falls into one of these 3 different categories, outlined below. For further information on these project types, please click here.
- Advice: Deep dive review of an organisation's evidence base, providing recommendations for improvements and guidance on how to prepare for an economic analysis.
- Analysis: Our Economic Analysis typically helps you to quantify the impact that your organisation or intervention is having on wider society in a robust way and compare it to the costs of delivery.
- Advocacy: This project helps review the existing evidence to examine the scale of a national issue, such as the cost of low adult numeracy for National Numeracy. The evidence and arguments produced through a literature review or policy analysis can be used to support an organisation’s cause or as part of a campaign for change.
If you think you have a strong project proposal, please fill in our Expression of Interest form by following this link. Our senior management team will review your application against our eligibility criteria, focus areas and strategic priorities for the year, and with the current project commitments in mind as well. While this process will take some time and there is likely to be a lag before you hear from us, we will let you know as soon as possible.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com