Applying for PBE support
We receive far more applications for charity projects than we are able to support. We therefore undergo a selection process where we carefully select a small number of projects to continue to develop our knowledge base. Applications are now open and will close on Friday, 31 January 2020. If you would like to apply, please read the following information carefully.
- Eligibility Criteria. To be eligible for a project, an organisation would normally:
- Be headquartered in the UK.
- Be a charity or social enterprise.
- Have a turnover of between £100k - £10 million. (For larger organisations we may ask for a contribution towards core costs).
- Have at least 2 months’ financial reserves (preferably 3 months).
- Focus Areas: Projects we work on typically fall within our 4 focus areas of education, employment, mental health and poverty. For further information, please see our focus areas page.
- Project Types: Typically, our work falls into one of these 3 different categories, outlined below. For further information on these project types, please click here.
- Advice: Deep dive review of an organisation's evidence base, providing recommendations for improvements and guidance on how to prepare for an economic analysis.
- Analysis: Our Economic Analysis typically helps you to quantify the impact that your organisation or intervention is having on wider society in a robust way and compare it to the costs of delivery.
- Advocacy: This project helps review the existing evidence to examine the scale of a national issue, such as the cost of low adult numeracy for National Numeracy. The evidence and arguments produced through a literature review or policy analysis can be used to support an organisation’s cause or as part of a campaign for change.
Once the applications close at the end of January 2020, the selection process to assess which projects we will be able to support in 2020 will commence. The steps in our selection process are as follows:
- Our senior management team will review the applications against our eligibility criteria, focus areas and strategic priorities for the year. This process will take some time and therefore there will be a lag before you hear from us.
- When there is a project fit, we will arrange a call to learn more about the organisation, the proposed project and tell you about our way of working. Sometimes your idea might not be ready for a project but we’ll always do our best to add value to your work.
- If we see that your project or organisation does not fit our criteria, we will let you know as soon as possible.
To apply, please fill in our Expression of Interest form by following this link.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org