Job description: Operations and Fundraising Team Assistant
(£20,000 - £24,000 a year, depending on experience)
Pro Bono Economics (PBE) helps charities and social enterprises understand their economic and social impact, so they can improve their overall effectiveness. We do this by enabling professional economists from the private and public sectors as well as academia to volunteer their skills to tackle some of the most pressing issues in society. We have worked with over 500 charities since our inception in 2009.
We are now embarking on an exciting new phase of development, as we grow the organisation to support more charities and build a new research and policy team. We are looking for a person to support PBE’s expansion by providing high quality support across the core operations and fundraising functions.
About the role
Reporting to the Operations and Finance Manager, the assistant will play a pivotal role in providing high-quality assistance across the executive team. The assistant will work across fundraising, finance, HR, IT and office management to help the CEO, the Operations and Finance Manager and the Director of Development. They will gain valuable experience within a small, hands-on and high-impact charity. The role is varied, with plenty of opportunity for development.
PBE value its employees and offers a generous annual leave policy (28 days per annum plus bank holidays).
Post type: Full-time, fixed term (24 months). Part-time and flexible arrangements will be considered
Reports to: Operations and Finance Manager
Main duties & tasks:
Operations and Finance (45%)
- Managing staff timesheet, invoice and annual leave processes
- Co-ordinating monthly payment run information through Receipt Bank and Xero
- Managing shared mailboxes and acting as first port of call for external enquiries
- Setting up board meetings and assisting with board papers
- Acting as first point of escalation for IT issues
- Overseeing recruitment and onboarding processes
- Overseeing the smooth running of the office
- Maintaining records in the Salesforce customer relationship management (CRM) system
- Co-ordinating fundraising dinners and events, including venue liaison and guest list management
- Undertaking research prior to donor meetings and producing briefing documents
- Corresponding with new and existing donors
- Inputting into grant applications
- Diary management, travel bookings and meeting preparation for the CEO
Assisting other areas of the organisation as required.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate with at least one year working in an office environment.
Ideal characteristics include:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work flexibly in a small team
- Previously working in one of fundraising, HR, finance or IT
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong time management skills, managing multiple tasks with competing priorities
- Attention to detail and a focus on quality
- A dedication to PBE’s focus on using an evidence-based approach to drive wellbeing improvements in the UK.
Desirable characteristics include:
- Knowledge of using a CRM
- Knowledge of Xero or Receipt Bank
- Diary management experience
- Experience of dealing directly with very senior people
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent knowledge gained in another environment
- Charity sector experience
To apply: Please go to https://app.beapplied.com/apply/fyldgguot3
Closing date: 23 March 2020
Interviews: To be held week commencing 30 March 2020
PBE is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.